Wash and care
Wash & Care GuideIt doesn’t take much to make a difference. For example, you can alter your laundry habits just a little to give results that are better for both the environment and for your clothes. We’ve put together our recommendations for how to optimally care for your clothes and the planet. #hustandclairecares
Wash & Wear TestIngen Hust & Claire-klær blir satt i produksjon før alle prøvene har vært gjennom vår Wash & Wear-test. Wash & Wear vil si at alle prøver blir sendt ut til våre testfamilier, som bruker klærne og vasker dem og bruker klærne og vasker dem og... Familiene skriver ned og leverer sine kommentarer til klærne, passformen og kvaliteten, og alle prøvene blir deretter justert før den endelige produksjonen. På den måten unngår vi klær med underlig passform, knapper og farger som smitter av, kvaliteter som loer, og glidelåser og merker som klør.
ClevercareBy extending the life of our clothes by just nine months, we can reduce the burden on the environment by 20–30%. Although children often outgrow their clothes before they wear out, it's clearly worth thinking about greener ways to care for the clothes once you get them home.
1. Don't wash your clothes too often. Remove stains manually and freshen up your clothes by airing them after each use.
2. Washing at 30° instead of 60° uses half as much energy. Most detergents clean clothes just as well at low temperatures, so reduce the water temperature when you do the laundry.
3. Hang your clothes to dry instead of tossing them in the tumble dryer. You'll save energy and your clothes will keep their shape for longer.
4. Only iron clothes when it is absolutely necessary. Hang your clothes to dry as soon as the wash is complete: It minimises creasing, but if the creases are very bad you can place the dried laundry in the bathroom while you shower to allow the steam to smooth out the creases in the clothes.
5. Only use dry cleaners that offer “green" solutions instead of traditional cleaning methods.