Wash & Care GuideDer skal ikke meget til for at gøre en forskel, man kan for eksempel ændre bare en smule på sine vaskevaner og resultatet er både bedre for miljøet og for dit tøj. Vi har her samlet vores råd om, hvordan du passer bedst på dit tøj og planeten. #hustandclairecares
Wash & Wear TestNo Hust & Claire garments are put into production until all samples have been through our Wash & Wear test. Wash & Wear means that all samples are sent to our test families, who wear the clothes and wash them, and wear the clothes and wash them... The families write down and submit their comments about the clothes – how they fit and the quality – and any changes are made to the samples before final production. This means we can avoid making garments with an odd fit, buttons that fall off, colours that fade, fabrics that produce lint, and zips and tags that scratch.
ClevercareBy extending the life of our clothes by just nine months, we can reduce the burden on the environment by 20–30%. Although children often outgrow their clothes before they wear out, it's clearly worth thinking about greener ways to care for the clothes once you get them home.
1. Don't wash your clothes too often. Remove stains manually and freshen up your clothes by airing them after each use.
2. Washing at 30° instead of 60° uses half as much energy. Most detergents clean clothes just as well at low temperatures, so reduce the water temperature when you do the laundry.
3. Hang your clothes to dry instead of tossing them in the tumble dryer. You'll save energy and your clothes will keep their shape for longer.
4. Only iron clothes when it is absolutely necessary. Hang your clothes to dry as soon as the wash is complete: It minimises creasing, but if the creases are very bad you can place the dried laundry in the bathroom while you shower to allow the steam to smooth out the creases in the clothes.
5. Only use dry cleaners that offer “green" solutions instead of traditional cleaning methods.